Colour your hair naturally without even a hint of synthetic ingredients with our henna.
As well as adding a deep, glorious colour to your hair, our bricks also work as an intensive conditioning treatment. Made using the finest quality Persian henna, enriching cocoa butter and gorgeous essential oils, they leave your tresses glossy anfd fragrant. Available in four shades, Noir is the one to use for a rich-blue black shade, as we've used lots of indigo herb here. We've also used a little red henna to add extra shine without bringing out any red tones. Irish moss powder turns this solid dye into an easily applied paste when mixed with water.
Indigo is an ancient dye plant known for the clarity and fastness of its blue colour and is used in natural hair colours. Our indigo powder is a natural dye from Indigofera tinctoria leaves, which we mix with coffee, henna, and other natural dyes to manipulate the final shade.
YOU WILL NEED
• Rubber gloves
• A bain-marie or a heat-proof bowl in a saucepan
• A spoon for stirring
• Newspapers on the floor
• Clips to section your hair
• Dark-coloured towels
• Cling film/shower cap
• Ultrabalm/Ultrabland to cover your hairline and ears
• Colouring brush to apply henna (or use gloved hands)
HOW TO USE
1. Firstly, do a strand test to check you’re happy with the colour (especially important if you’ve chemically-treated hair) - the shade will continue to develop for up to 24 hours after you apply it. Just add boiling water to a small amount of henna in a heat-proof bowl and then use rubber gloves to apply to a strand of hair about half an inch wide. Leave for an hour or two, and then shampoo, rinse, dry, and leave for 24 hours.
2. To apply to the whole head if you’re happy with the strand test, chop up the henna brick into small pieces and drop into a bain-marie. Cover the pieces with boiling water, which melts the cocoa butter and releases the ingredients. Stir until the henna is the consistency of melted chocolate, adding more hot water if needed – the hotter the henna, the better the results.
3. Smooth Ultrabalm or Ultrabland around your ears and hairline to prevent stained skin. Wearing rubber gloves, apply the henna to clean, dry hair and work through section by section, back to front. Start with the roots and smooth through the length of your hair. Let it sit for one to three hours (for a redder shade, wrap hair in cling film or a shower cap) and then shampoo, rinse and dry. The colour will develop over 24 hours; apply as many times as you like to build a rich colour and shine.
This product is
Registered Office 29 High Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1AB, UK
Registered Company No. 3084750
Registered VAT No. 658855183